Exterior plywood means "plywood for outdoor use" . Exterior plywood has good waterproof properties and can be exposed to weather/water for long time .
Exterior grade plywood can be used indoor , too . But exterior plywood is more expensive than interior grade plywood . However, European buyers prefer WBP(exterior) plywood for indoor use . Some US and Canadian customers use WBP (exterior) plywood as Cabinet grade plywood or furniture grade plywood .
The glue used in exterior plywood is WBP glue . The core veneers should be good whole piece core veneers . The exterior (WBP phenolic) plywood can be in boiling water for 24-72 hours without delamination (boiling test for exterior plywood) .
The construction of exterior plywood is as the following:
Face/back: Birch, Pine, Okoume, Meranti, Luan (Lauan), Bingtangor, Red Canarium, Red Hardwood, hardwood, poplar and so on.
Grade: B/BB, BB/CC, DBB/CC or other similar grade
Core: poplar, hardwood, birch
Glue: WBP glue, E1 glue
Size: 1220X2440mm (4′ x 8′), 1250X2500mm
Thickness: 2.0mm-30mm ( 2.0mm / 2.4mm / 2.7mm / 3.2mm / 3.6mm / 4mm / 5.2mm / 5.5mm / 6mm / 9mm / 12mm / 15mm / 18mm / 21mm-30mm or 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 13/16", 7/8", 15/16", 1" )
- Marine Plywood: A Comparison With General Exterior Plywood Marine plywood is the premium quality exterior plywood . In order to understand marine plywood well, it's better to make a comparison between marine plywood and general exterior plywood . […]
- Why phenolic plywood is much more expensive than MR and melamine plywood of same thickness ? Phenolic plywood is about 10 -18% more expensive than MR and melamine plywood of same thickness . Customers usually ask why phenolic plywood is so expensive .There are 4 reasons .
- Combi (Combination) Plywood/Film Faced Plywood Combi , i.e. combination, which refers to plywood made of 2 or more wood species . Combi plywood / film faced plywood can be combined species of birch and conifer, birch and pine, birch […]
- Red Oak Plywood – Fancy Plywood (Decorative Plywood) Red Oak Plywood is a kind of fancy plywood (decorative plywood), which is widely used for furniture, cabinets, doors, household decoration .
- Ash Plywood – Fancy Plywood (Decorative Plywood) Ash Plywood is a kind of fancy plywood (decorative plywood), which is widely used for furniture, cabinets, doors, household decoration .